The warm, loving woman, who had been our mother and grandmother, was now just the earthly vessel - emptied of her spirit - her light, humor, faith and love.
The lovely, yet-unlined face held no expression.
Her blue eyes, held no sparkle.
Her hands that helped to guide us, held us up, and comforted and soothed us, were still.
Her hair was matted from our being unable to brush it, in the last couple of weeks.
Her body, so thin from weight lost in being unable to take in nourishment,
But her spirit soared to the heavens.
Her pleas to her mommy to "Please, please take me with you!" were answered.
Her body's pain was ended.
Her memories were restored.
Her light, humor, faith and love will linger here with all of us... to remember, to share, to cherish.
God bless and keep each and every one of us. Let us find solace in our memories of her, and peace in the Faith that she gave us. Let us honor her love for us with love for one another.
~*~*~*~*
I have felt that I have been in a race with time - to hurry and finish all of the stories I share here with all of you,
But I realized that, just because her life is at an end,
The cherished memories that we have to share, will go on...
So, I don't have to be finished.
The memories and family stories, will go on for as long as we have them, in our hearts and minds
For as long as we tell them - or humbly record them here.
No comments:
Post a Comment