Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Forget-me-not


This past weekend, Linda came over to visit Mommy. It was her (Linda's) birthday weekend, but of course Mommy didn't know that. (She doesn't know any one's anymore, or even what month or season it is.)

Linda sat with her - trying to get her to eat her supper. She used to love asparagus, but now makes faces like a child would when forced to eat a "yucky vegetable".

When Linda was going to leave the apartment, so Mommy could go back to sleep, she said, "I love you, Mommy."

Mommy replied, "I love you, too... whoever you are." She laughed like she had tried to make a joke,

but it had to have been disconcerting to her to realize she didn't know who was there...

and a heartache for Linda - to be "forgotten".

Like I always say (and I believe this, too), though she may not know us in her mind and memories- she remembers us in her heart.

I love you, too... whoever you are.

No comments: