I noticed in the paper today that Fess Parker, star of the Disney Davy Crockett movie, and the TV series of the late '60's, Daniel Boone, died yesterday. It took me back to when the show was new, and I loved it and it's star.
I don't know what prompted the whole conversation, perhaps Grandpa Pretzer was in the hospital with a stroke, but I remember going to the den/boy's room (you grandchildren know it as the dining room), where Mommy was lying down (pregnant with Carl?) and asking her,
"When I die and go to heaven, will I know you?"
She explained that yes, though we may all look like we did when we were children, we would be able to recognize our loved ones.
"So, even though I didn't know how you looked when you were little, I will know you... and know that you are my mommy?"
Yes.
"And you will know me? and that I am your little girl?"
Yes.
"Will I know Daddy? and Grandpa?"
Yes, you'll know everybody. *a little exasperation here*
"Even Fess Parker?"
I don't remember her answer to that... she probably just said again, that "you'll know everyone" and hoped I would be satisfied with that.
I was.
Rest in Peace, Fess Parker.
I'll see you (and everyone else) in heaven.
Friday, March 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment